Today is Women’s Day. This is the day women celebrate their women-hood. We firmly believe every woman and girl is strong, safe, powerful, and heard. No exceptions.
A women draws strength from troubles,
smiles during distress and
grows stronger with prayers & hope.
Your health is your most precious asset.
A healthy woman brings up a healthy family.
Just like an achiever, you also need to take care of your health. We understand in the given busy schedule, health is often neglected. So here is from Hey Beautiful, 8 steps you should do to stay healthy & stay shining.
- Keep a check on your weight every week. Maintain a body mass index (BMI) of 23.
Exercise every day for at least 30 minutes, household work is accustomed exercise, it will not burn calories. Preserve your bones & muscles as you age.
- Eat healthy. Reduce your salt intake, avoid ready-to-eat meals, pickles, high calorie carbohydrates & saturated fats. Eat more veggies & fruits. Eat natural foods.
- Check for a thyroid swelling (a butterfly shape in the lower part of the neck) when you look into the mirror. After 30, get blood sugar & BP tests done every year & a thyroid test every 3-5 years.
- Every girl should know how to perform breast self examination once she is a teenager. It should be done every month after periods and after menopause on a fixed day every month.
- Exposure to the sun everyday in the morning for 30 minutes builds up Vitamin D & keeps the bones healthy. Drinking mill and taking a calcium rich diet protects you from osteoporosis.
- Folic acid should be taken regularly by all pregnant women & women with a low immunity under doctor’s prescription. It plays a vital role in cancer prevention. It is found in green leafy vegetables & fruits.
- Avoid caffeine & alcohol. They slow down the absorption of minerals that are important in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Get a pap smear done once a year. Cervical cancer affects more than 30% of women every year. Annual health check-up & doctor consultations will go a long way in keeping you healthy.
Bookmark this page for your good health & share as much as you can with your friends.